Saipan Living: The Relocation Guide! (Updated for 2022)
A comprehensive guide for moving to, finding a job, working, living,
retiring or simply vacationing in the Northern Mariana Islands of Saipan, Tinian and Rota.
Where exactly is Saipan? Is it a place I can escape to? What’s it really like? Can I retire comfortably there? What taxes will I need to pay? Will I be able to vote in the US elections? Do I need a visa or passport to go there?
Read Saipan Living and get answers to these and other questions about cost of living, job opportunities, labor laws, expat presence, churches, schools, gun laws, crime stats, the economy, dating, mosquitoes, humidity, bringing pets, land ownership and more!
This unique volume has been researched, compiled and presented by a former New York City dweller turned rat race escapee and now CNMI resident author with over 10 years experience observing, exploring, writing about, offering tours, answering questions and personally enjoying Saipan living! It is your A to Z index of topics from “accommodations” to “zoning laws” with specific, up-to-date information and answers to the most frequently-asked questions as well as answers to “tropical island lifestyle” questions you probably haven’t even thought about asking–with details and nuance that the CIA website, Wikipedia, travel guides, and many blogs don’t get quite right.
Indexed TWO ways for your convenience: (1) by Frequently Asked Questions and (2) by topic, you get:
• The truth about Saipan including the good, the bad, the beautiful and the ugly
• A step-by-step checklist for your relocation
• Tips and advice for a smooth transition and adjustment
• Contact numbers, websites & email addresses for vendors, organizations and all government offices
• The latest census information with “reality checks” from those who actually live here!
• Facts as well as valuable opinions from past, current and even future residents!
• Completed tax forms with instructions to show how to pay taxes on Saipan!
• 10 years of questions collected from the saipanliving.com website, along with
the actual responses from past, present and even future residents
• “Relocation scenarios” featuring people’s real concerns and the answers they received!
• Photos of the islands you won’t find anywhere else.
• Chamorro, Carolinian, Filipino, Chinese, Russian, Korean, American,
Japanese viewpoints and perspectives on Saipan living
(including interviews with people who’ve lived here since the 1970s)
• Predictions plus a manifesto on what Saipan really needs business-wise
Yes, you get all this and more to help you decide if Saipan is the right place to visit, vacation,
venture into business, retire or simply escape the rat race!
Physical or Digital? Read this before you order ANY book!The Power of the Paperback!:
Digital books (pdfs/ebooks for Kindle/Nook e-readers) are convenient, but they do not have mass. They do not have the same power a physical book has to continuously transmit information via the senses of sight, touch, hearing (e.g., the sound of pages turning, and even smell). In other words, the paperback sitting on your shelf will continue to communicate and influence you even after you\'ve read it! (And, it's also much easier to share with others!)
"Saipan Living" is not just a title. It's the embodiment of a dream--particularly if that dream is to escape the rat race, relocate or retire, and live a simple, friendly, natural life on a little island in the Pacific!